Insignia by Kman. Find more Kman skin conversions at jCodes.

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Academy Sports Manager Fired Weeks After Intercepting Gun Thief Suspect In Florida Store
Skyon Archer
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 11:10 AM

Keeper of the knowledge . . . all of it!

Group:
Admin
Member ID:
Total Post:

Academy Sports manager fired weeks after intercepting gun thief suspect in Florida store, lawyer says

user posted image

A sporting goods store employee, who last month helped catch a suspect allegedly trying to swipe a weapon, was suspended and later lost his job at the Florida business following the incident, his lawyer said.

Dean Crouch, 32, was working at the Academy Sports store in Tallahassee on June 29 when robbery suspect Jason White allegedly tried to steal a gun, the Tallahassee Democrat reported.

After White reportedly tried to flee with the stolen firearm he’d requested to see, Crouch stepped in and ultimately detained him.

Read full story at http://newsheadquarter.com/us/3e72696505

Read more US News in the News Headquarter US News Section.
^
gibby
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 07:45 AM

Friends

Group:
Friends
Member ID:
Total Post:

its tough in USA many states say an employer has the choice who to fire
^
Skyon Archer
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 07:58 AM

Keeper of the knowledge . . . all of it!

Group:
Admin
Member ID:
Total Post:

That's called being an "At Will Employee".

At-will means that an employer can terminate an employee at any time for any reason, except an illegal one, or for no reason without incurring legal liability. Likewise, an employee is free to leave a job at any time for any or no reason with no adverse legal consequences.

The gentleman in the above article was terminated for touching a customer, which is in violation of company policy. In my opinion, once a "customer" tries to steal from the company, he has evolved into a "criminal" and that policy is no longer valid!
^
magicmuggle01
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 08:37 AM

magicmuggle01

Group:
Team Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Skyon Archer @ Jul 13 2018, 12:58 PM)

At-will means that an employer can terminate an employee at any time for any reason, except an illegal one, or for no reason without incurring legal liability. Likewise, an employee is free to leave a job at any time for any or no reason with no adverse legal consequences.

The gentleman in the above article was terminated for touching a customer, which is in violation of company policy. In my opinion, once a "customer" tries to steal from the company, he has evolved into a "criminal" and that policy is no longer valid!

How else was he to stop the crim, walk along side and say "Excuse me can you stop." This is ridiculous. He should sue for unfair dismissal.
^
Spice
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 09:14 AM

Friends

Group:
Admin
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Skyon Archer @ Jul 13 2018, 05:58 AM)

Does the company policy state what their employees can and cannot do when confronted with a "crime" in their store? If not perhaps that should be something that needs to be considered. I wonder if he would have been fired had he let this guy steal?
^
Psychochipmunk
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 12:23 AM

I'm Me, Your Not..

Group:
Graphics Team
Member ID:
Total Post:

Stupid laws over there really huh
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll