Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply

The $1 Tax Rule That Could Cost You Thousands
Skyon Archer
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 09:46 PM

Keeper of the knowledge . . . all of it!
Group: Admin

The $1 tax rule that could cost you thousands: Tax Office warns they will be targeting one expense that SIX MILLION Australians claimed last year

(IMG:http://www.newsheadquarter.com/img/l/ON.D35E23D5205596F67D539153E8A1F5EA.jpg)
© Jack Atley/BloombergThe Australian Taxation Office will be focusing on what people mistake as a 'standard deduction' or minimum amount that can be claimed without receipts.

The Australian Tax Office has warned it will be cracking down on dodgy claims for laundry expenses.

It will be focusing on what people mistake as a 'standard deduction' or minimum amount that can be claimed without receipts.

'Last year around 6 million people claimed work-related clothing and laundry expenses, with total claims adding up to nearly $1.8 billion,' Assistant Commissioner Kath Anderson said in a statement on Wednesday.

Read full story at http://newsheadquarter.com/go/98d793e9ef

Read more Business News at News Headquarter Business Section
PMWebsite
^
Psychochipmunk
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 09:53 PM

I'm Me, Your Not..
Group: Graphics Team

Well it costs money to wash clothes if your having to wear a uniform i guess, people should be allowed to get what they can back, not like the tax department workers are any better
PMEmail
^
Spice
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 09:42 AM

Friends

I always find it interesting to read what tax deductions other countries might have.
PMEmail
^
Capt. Cave Man
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 04:36 PM

Cave Dweller

They do this every year, a few years back we claimed washing, fuel, and other expenses as well.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply