Insignia by Kman. Find more Kman skin conversions at jCodes.

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Add Reply Create a new Topic

History Made At Ufc 226, New Champion Crowned!
The Last Outlaw
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 12:35 AM

Friends

Group:
Friends
Member ID:
Total Post:

Conor McGregor, check your UFC history, because now you have company.

In tonight's UFC 226 Main Event, Daniel "DC" Cormier defeated Stipe Miocic to become the New UFC Heavyweight Champion, and join McGregor as the only fighters to hold two UFC Belts at the same time.

Courtesy of Sherdog.com, here is the Play-By-Play of the action.
QUOTE (Sherdog.com)

English referee Marc Goddard will oversee tonight's heavyweight title bout, with judges Dave Hagen, Chris Lee and Glenn Trowbridge scoring at cageside. Miocic takes the center of the cage and tries to close the distance on Cormier, who tries to grab the champion with a collar tie and feed him uppecuts, without success. After Miocic touches the 205-pound ace with an uppercut, Cormier swings back with a right hand of his own. Miocic clinches and briefly puts Cormier on his knees, then holds "DC" on the wall when they stand up. Miocic puts a shoulder on Cormier's jaw as they fight on the fence; Cormier tries to loop a few left hands around Cormier's head and receives a warning from Goddard to mind the back of the head. Miocic releases and eats a jab from Cormier, only to touch the challenger with a pair of punches seconds later. Cormier gets another warning from Goddard, this time for leaving his outstretched hands opened. Cormier pushes Miocic against the fence, can't do much with the position, and now they circle back to the center. Cormier eats a[/quotn elbow, now a three-piece combination, but he marches forward and slams Miocic with a heavy one-two that instantly reddens the face of the champ. Cormier throws a slapping right hand and pokes Miocic in the eye; thankfully, the champ is able to recover quickly, and Goddard issues a final warning to Cormier for the infraction without deducting a point. The heavyweights get into a firefight in the center of the cage, where "DC" lands the one-two again. After a brief clinch in the middle, Cormier releases and lays waste to Miocic with a right hand that the Ohioan never sees coming. Miocic drops to his back and is knocked senseless by Cormier's follow-up punches, and referee Goddard rushes in to stop the fight. Miocic argues the stoppage as soon as he wakes up, but he'll think differently once he sees the replay. Daniel Cormier has won the UFC heavyweight title, joining Conor McGregor as the only men to hold two UFC belts at the same time.

The end came at 4:33 of the very first round.
^
magicmuggle01
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 12:47 AM

magicmuggle01

Group:
Team Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

I'd never heard of this UFC before, so I googled it. Would a correct discripton be that it's like kickboxing?
^
The Last Outlaw
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 12:57 AM

Friends

Group:
Friends
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (magicmuggle01 @ Jul 7 2018, 09:47 PM)
I'd never heard of this UFC before, so I googled it. Would a correct discripton be that it's like kickboxing?

Mixed Martial Arts. It combines Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai fighting... and that's just standing up.

On the ground, you have Wrestling (freestyle or grecco-roman), Judo, Brazilian Jiu-JItsu.
^
magicmuggle01
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 01:01 AM

magicmuggle01

Group:
Team Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (The Last Outlaw @ Jul 8 2018, 05:57 AM)
QUOTE (magicmuggle01 @ Jul 7 2018, 09:47 PM)

Mixed Martial Arts. It combines Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai fighting... and that's just standing up.

On the ground, you have Wrestling (freestyle or grecco-roman), Judo, Brazilian Jiu-JItsu.

I see what you mean Outlaw, thanks for the heads up. We don't have anything like that showing here, just Impact Wrestling.
^
Sarah
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 01:18 AM

I'm Me, Your Not..

Group:
Graphics Team
Member ID:
Total Post:

I don't watch it, but good on him for his win
^
The Last Outlaw
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 08:00 AM

Friends

Group:
Friends
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Psychochipmunk @ Jul 7 2018, 10:18 PM)
I don't watch it, but good on him for his win

Now comes some bad news, depending on how you look at it.

Cormier's next challenger for the UFC Heavyweight Championship is...

BROCK LESNAR!
^
Stacey
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 02:10 AM

It's Not A Bug, It's An Undocumented Feature

Group:
Graphics Team
Member ID:
Total Post:

So he might get his butt kicked ??
^
The Last Outlaw
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 06:24 PM

Friends

Group:
Friends
Member ID:
Total Post:

QUOTE (Psychokitty @ Jul 8 2018, 11:10 PM)
So he might get his butt kicked ??

I'm not saying those words at all. Brock Lesnar has not won a fight that wasn't overturned since 2010. Brock Lesnar hasn't stepped foot in the Octagon since his fight with "Super Samoan" Mark Hunt. Brock Lesnar currently has a record of 5-3-0 with the 1 NC (no contest) was the Mark Hunt fight. That fight was a Lesnar win overturned because he test positive for a banned substance. Word is now that Lesnar will be able to fight as early as January 2019.

Meanwhile the UFC "Champ Champ" Daniel Cormier is curently is 21-1-0 with 1 NC. He is the new UFC Heavyweight Champion as well as the current UFC Light Heavyweight Champion. He is looking to drop back to LHW to defend that belt before the big money fight with Lesnar before retiring from fighting.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Create a new Topic